Wednesday 30 May 2012

King of Fruits



"It's in season!" went the Facebook post by my dear cousin...which could only mean one thing!

A couple of WhatsApp messages later, we were on our way to her supplier in Chinatown for our King-of-the-Fruit fix. *yums*

101 Fruits at Keong Saik Rd is a family-run business which imports their durians from Malaysia and Thailand. However, the Malaysian varieties are definitely superior and we tried three different levels of taste. Really sweet, sweet and more-bitter-than-sweet...lol!
It was interesting to note that some patrons actually wore gloves to eat and my cousin told of a friend who would use chopsticks! All to prevent their fingers from smelling of durian long after the feasting was done.
But not us...no way!

Truth to tell, I'd recently had a craving for this fragrant and tasty repast, which I have loved since I was a kid. Strangely, my own kids never caught on to this wonderful fruit.
So now I mainly enjoy eating it with like-minded friends who totally understand the sheer pleasure of biting into the succulent flesh and getting it all off the seed....and licking our fingers clean...bliss!

So I've had my fill and craving is satisfied....for now. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment