Wednesday 4 September 2013

The Piano Guys: Pre-concert

Youtube sensations The Piano Guys were in Singapore on 2 September for their first-ever concert in our city and well, that is an epic story for my next post....and what a heck of a tale I will have to tell!

But first up, let me start by introducing this fabulous gang of guys whose music has taken youtube and by extension, the WORLD, by storm!

How did I get to know about them?

I cannot remember exactly but I do believe it was some time in 2012. It started with a vid on Facebook which one of my friends posted and I happened to see whilst scrolling down my News Feed. I think it was the Love Story/Viva La Vida clip and what enraptured me was how these fellas so smoothly blended these two great songs into one even greater mashup.
That got me into checking out their youtube channel and before long, I was hooked on their brand of music, which combined classical, pop, rock and what-have-you.
Their genuine passion and enjoyment whilst performing their songs are truly infectious and their sense of humour came across very well in many vids, especially in the Cello Wars...lol!



Here's a picture of them....just five fellows from Utah, sitting on the couch, looking oh-so-cute (especially Steven!) until you hear their music...omg!


From left to right, they are:

Al Van Der Beek, Steven Sharp Nelson, Jon Schmidt, Paul Anderson, Tel Stewart.


And here are the two performing guys, Jon on piano and Steven on cello:


Here is the link to their Facebook Page:


And the official website:


Check out all their MVs....too many for me to post here. 

I also signed up as a Founding Member, without hesitation as I could see that these guys had something very special and it was so cool to be able to help them and get an autographed CD amongst other stuff:









They were also going full steam ahead then with their music videos and mashups and soon, they had signed up with Sony Records and out came their two albums:




These CDs are a constant in my car and have helped sooth my frayed nerves many times.

So thanks a bunch, fellas!

And you know what else was cool?

My sons (especially my first and second, now aged 20 and 17 respectively) also enjoyed their music tremendously. :)

The next thing after all this was, naturally, that we hoped to see them perform live in concert and yes, I did always try to comment on their Facebook Page: Please come to Singapore!

I guess they heard me (and many others) 'cos one fine day in recent times, one of my friends tagged me to a post on Facebook with a "Hey! Aren't these your guys?"

Lo and behold, it was the LAMC announcement on their website!

That was it!

Time to call all my pals who were also avid Piano Guys fans to make plans!

I shall go into further detail in my next post. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment