Saturday 21 April 2012

Bitten!



My eldest son's having friends over for a bbq tonight, before his imminent military enlistment in May. It seems like not so long ago that he was just a baby...my firstborn...my guinea pig for learning the ropes of parenting!
Point of note:
He is also the reason I became a Twi-Mum...lol!

It all began back in 2008 when I saw him reading Twilight which intrigued me much as I had seen the book in the stores but never picked it up, thinking it was 'just another YA novel'. Besides, I thought it was more of chick lit...so why would a boy be reading it??
Being the inquisitive Mum, I could not resist having a flip through and tralala...the first chapter got me hooked!
There was something about Stephenie Meyer's writing which engaged my emotions, through her first person account in Bella's voice. After reading a few chapters, I had already decided to get my own copy of the book(s), as the one my son was reading belonged to his friend.
To Borders I went the very next day and my Twilight mania was born!

I finished reading the first three and was halfway through the fourth when Twilight was released. It was during the course of the movie that Twi-mania truly became a passion which has lasted till today.

More on Twi-mania in another post:

Update:

http://fandomizfun.blogspot.sg/2012/07/call-me-twi-mum.html
 







No comments:

Post a Comment